Pizza & Salad

Well tonight I am thankful that I am doing this blog. (and a little pissed too;)  I am exhausted, and I have been all day.  My husband will be having a late night so I really only needed to feed the kids.  I could have had anything in the house and wouldn't have cared as long as I didn't have to do much work.  That meant that on the way home from gymnastics, I was going to go (hanging my head in shame) through a drive thru for dinner!  (yes temporary insanity, but I am really tired!)  Well I didn't want to lie in the blog but I REALLY didn't want to cook.  Well I came up with the next best thing, I would make pizza.  I could have ordered it, but I am trying to be good.  I did do some short cuts.  I bought the fresh pizza dough from the bakery at Publix.  I bought organic tomato puree for the sauce too.  The boy asked for sausage as the topping. :/  I don't care for it, but it will make him and my husband happy.  The girl and I had oven roasted tomatoes and onions on ours.  I have been making all my own salad dressings too, but tonight I went with a quick cheat recipe for the dressing.  So YAWN, here it is and it's not as quick as I would have liked it to be but it wasn't that long either.

Pizza
2 balls of pizza dough
1 small can of organic tomato puree
3 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
1 crushed clove of garlic
1 large sprig of basil
lots of shredded mozzarella cheese
3 small tomatoes sliced thinly
1/2 mild Italian sausage link (removed from case and crumbled into small pieces)

1. let the dough come to room temp (about an hour on the counter)
2 Heat oven to 350 (go ahead an put the pizza stone in now) and place the tomato slices on a baking
   sheet with a little salt and pepper
3 After about 20 minutes the tomatoes should be well cooked and lost most of their liquid, remove and
    crank the oven to 500
4 meanwhile, put the oil with the garlic and basil over medium low heat. ( I tilted the pan so the small
    amount of oil would be deeper and cover the ingredients) until the oil is tinged green and you smell
    the garlic
5 remove the stone and put the rolled out dough on it, top with the sauce and toppings. Bake 5-10
   minutes until it looks good and done.
(I did one at a time)

For the salad I used an organic "power mix" and my just slapped together dressing of 2 parts chimmichuri to 3 parts sour cream. Only a little dressing, it is pretty powerful.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pork Schnitzel with Dill Cream Sauce

Mollet Eggs Florentine

"Porcupine" Meatballs in Cream Sauce