Improv Philly Cheesesteaks

Ok so I had no plan (again) as I wandered around the grocery.  For some reason, I decide I want a Philly Cheesesteak.  I get a steak and some rolls.  I briefly looked at a philly recipe and they said freeze and thinly slice before cooking, I wanted to try for medium rare meat. The steak was too thick when I sliced it.  The boy loved it, so did my husband, but it was too thick for me.  Next time I will follow the recipe for a Philly and freeze the meat raw, thinly slice and then cook,  I cooked the steak under the broiler as I usually do and put the meat on rolls with sauted onions and mushrooms, provolone and mayo. Oh and did I mention the meat was TOO DANG THICK!  It really annoyed me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pork Schnitzel with Dill Cream Sauce

Mollet Eggs Florentine

"Porcupine" Meatballs in Cream Sauce