Meatball Quesadillas

Well, the massive amount of meatballs leftover from last night required something to be done with them to prevent waste. (I abhor waste!) I wanted to use them but I didn't want them to be the exactly same because I also hate repeats.  I also needed something pretty quick because we had late activities for the kids and house guests coming into town in a few hours.  (that means lots of cleaning for those of you who don't live in chaos;)  I also didn't want to go the grocery if it was going to be (in the words of Alton Brown) a "pantry raid." Luckily I shop like Armageddon is coming every tomorrow, so I have lots of stuff to work with.  I decided to make quesadillas because I had cheese and tortillas that needed to be used.  Since I wanted them to be a bit different from last night, I seasoned the meatballs with cumin as I reheated them.  I then threw them in the tortillas with some leftover shredded mozzarella, and sauteed them up in some butter, and topped them with some sour cream, hot sauce and cilantro.  Everyone was surprised but delighted with the results. Other than the basil, the stuff in the meatballs works with Mexican, and the addition of the flavors we associate with Mexican made it seem like it was totally a different from last nights dish. It was interesting to note, that for my husband, who came home pretty late, I made his meal almost the same way, but as more of a soft taco.  I think that it looked better than the quesadillas, and certainly less greasy. I always enjoy these meals that require me to throw in a bunch of stuff that needs to be used. (oh, only when it works.  When it dosen't, I don't want to talk about it! Lol)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pork Schnitzel with Dill Cream Sauce

Mollet Eggs Florentine

"Porcupine" Meatballs in Cream Sauce