Sick Day

OK so today I am miserable.  I have a fever, stuffy, sinus pressure, neck feels like I have been beaten and sore throat.  My husband, being the kind man he is, suggests eating out.  My thought, lets get take out.  I don't want out of my pjs and I can't smell, so I can't taste anything.  After much debate, a debate that involved numerous variables, we decide to have Thai.  Just so you can appreciate the length and scope of this debate, here are but a few of the variables: what do I feel like eating (me: nothing, him: somewhere nice for me), where do I feel like going (me: nowhere him: ditto), take out? (me: anything, him: most food doesn't travel well).  OK so I decide to get dressed.  The only opinion I can muster is that Thai food might have enough flavor to penetrate my taste buds despite my inability to smell.  The snafu, my daughter is allergic to peanuts.  Well we ended up at Thai, which we all enjoyed.  The girl enjoyed her new app on the iPhone and ate when we got home. (which she enjoyed:)  My husband had a tamarind duck, I had beef pad thai, and the boy got garlic chicken. Everyone loved their meal but me.  I can't honestly say loved but it was as good as I could  have achieved feeling the way I did.  Next time: TAKE OUT! One thing that happened, and I hope my darling learned this lesson, is never let the girl hold a fork.  (moms out there say DUH!)  She stabbed him hard enough to draw blood which is the only thing that keeps me from laughing.  (in front of him)  We did take some pictures but the dim light didn't do them justice and the duck dish didn't show up at all.
Beef Pad Thai
Garlic & Black Pepper Chicken



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pork Schnitzel with Dill Cream Sauce

Mollet Eggs Florentine

"Porcupine" Meatballs in Cream Sauce