French Bread Pizza

Well there are too many leftovers in the house, so I am making French bread pizzas.  I made a garlic, Parmesan cream sauce out of the oil, fat and garlic that was left in the pan after dinner was done last night.  I heated it in a small pan and added a tbsp or so of flour.  After I cooked the roux a bit, I added some whole milk until the sauce was the right consistency.  I wanted it a bit on the thick side.  I added about 3/4 cup of Parmesan and then when it melted, added salt and hot sauce (instead of pepper). Then I shredded sup some of the leftover chicken.  Built the pizzas with the sauce, chicken and mozzarella, and baked them in the oven at 350 degrees for about ten minutes, and then I put the broil on for just a minute or two to brown a bit on the top.  I also made one with some of the leftover butternut squash I had roasted.  I pureed that with some milk to thin it and topped it with the mozzarella and some of the left over beans.  I also made a salad with the leftover shredded lettuce from the poboys and I dressed it with the remoluade sauce that was also left over.  Not too bad:)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pork Schnitzel with Dill Cream Sauce

Mollet Eggs Florentine

"Porcupine" Meatballs in Cream Sauce