Grilled Cheese And Chorizo Sandwiches

I changed this only slightly.  I used the light wheat bread I had on hand and I don't care much for pickled jalapenos so I took a few slices of the jalapeno from the salmon night and put it in some pickle brine for a few days.  The pepper jack was not hot at all so I added the pickled chilies after cooking.  I don't know if they are particularly hot this year or if I though jalapenos were milder but they did add a lot of kick.  All in all tasty, easy and will be made again.  Oh and for the salad dressing I used the leftover dipping sauce from last night.  It was good, but I think next time will thin it a bit with olive oil and add some salt.
Grilled Cheese And Chorizo Sandwiches 4 Servings

3    chorizo sausages (6 ounces) thinly sliced on the diagonal
2 T  unsalted butter,softened
8 sl of sourdough bread,cut from a pullman loaf
6    ounces Pepper Jack cheese thinly sliced
2 T  drained and sliced pickled jalapeƱos
6    ounces Havarti cheese
           -thinly sliced
1.In a large skillet, cook the sliced chorizo over moderately high
heat, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned, about 3 minutes.
Drain the chorizo on paper towels and wipe out the skillet.
2.Butter the bread on 1 side and turn 4 slices buttered side down on a
work surface. Top with Pepper Jack, chorizo, pickled jalapeos and
Havarti. Close the sandwiches with the remaining bread slices, turning
the buttered side up.
3.Preheat 2 large skillets. Add the sandwiches and cook over moderate
heat, turning once, until the bread is golden and crisp, about 8
minutes.  Cut the sandwiches in half and serve.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pork Schnitzel with Dill Cream Sauce

Mollet Eggs Florentine

"Porcupine" Meatballs in Cream Sauce