Soupe Au Pistou

I was never a huge soup fan.  I don't think it is an inherent dislike more that it's too warming and its already pretty bloody hot in Florida.  However, I am overcoming this and trying to learn the art of making a good soup.  This is a tasty vegetarian soup.  Almost all the flavor comes form the pistou.  I halved the soup, but not the pistou.  It was good with the proper amount of the pistou, but I put in double.  I was good too but not necessary.  My husband and I prefer a smooth soup as opposed to a chunky soup.  Next time I think I will use an immersion blender before the addition of the pistou.



Soupe Au Pistou
8 Servings
3 qt Water
2 c  Carrot,Diced
2 c  Potato,Diced
2 c  Onion Or Leeks,Diced
1 T  Salt
2 c  Green Beans,Diced
2 c  Navy Or Kidney Beans,Canned
1/3 c  Broken Vermicelli
1 sl White Bread,Stale And Crumbled
1/8 t  Black Pepper
pinch Saffron
4 ea Garlic,Mashed
4 T  Tomato Paste
1/4 c  Fresh Basil,Chopped
1/2 c  Parmesan,Grated
1/4 c  Olive Oil,Up To 1/2 Cup
1) Boil the water with the first three veggies slowly for 40 minutes.
Correct seasoning
2) 20 minutes before serving, so the green beans will retain their
freshness, add the green beans, beans, vermicelli, bread and seasonings
through saffron. and slowly boil about 15 minutes or until the green
beans are cooked through.
3) Meanwhile make the pistou: Put the tomato paste, garlic and cheese
in a soup tureen and blend to a paste.  Then beat in the oil drop by
drop.  When the soup is ready to serve, beat in a cup of the soup in to
the pistou then pour the rest of the soup in to the tureen and serve.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pork Schnitzel with Dill Cream Sauce

Mollet Eggs Florentine

"Porcupine" Meatballs in Cream Sauce