Buttermilk Dressing

Well I had made the second (frozen) portion of the Stuffed Shells (12/7/11) It was still tasty even after a month frozen.  I did put it in the fridge last night. (it really should have been put in the fridge a couple of days ago) Since it wasn't totally thawed, I put the entire baking dish on an aluminum pan for 2 hours before baking.  I covered it with foil and baked it 350 for an hour. (this contradicts the original recipe's instructions)  Then I took off the foil and baked until the top was starting to brown.  I looked around for a use for some leftover buttermilk I had from the chicken and dumplings.  I found this recipe.  I didn't make the salad, I just made my usual lettuce, tomato, onion and cuke salad, but it was still pretty good.  I didn't think it was too tasty at first, but my husband suggested some honey and it was much improved.

Bibb-And-Radish Salad With Buttermilk Dressing

3    large heads of Bibb lettuce leaves torn
8    radishes,thinly sliced
1/3 c  snipped chives
2 T  mayonnaise
1/3 c  buttermilk
2 T  red wine vinegar
1/4 c  extra-virgin olive oil
Salt and freshly ground pepper
[Note: Chef Jason Travi thinks of this as an everyday salad because
it's simple enough to accompany just about any main course. The
dressing can be made in large batches and kept in the refrigerator]
1. In a large bowl, toss the lettuce with the radishes and chives. In a
small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise with the buttermilk and vinegar.
Gradually whisk in the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Just
before serving, drizzle the dressing over the salad and toss well.
Serve.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pork Schnitzel with Dill Cream Sauce

Mollet Eggs Florentine

"Porcupine" Meatballs in Cream Sauce