Baked Meatballs

It is super bowl Sunday, and we are going to a friend's house.  We alternate who's house we go to.  Our hostess had the brilliant idea to have a pasta bar, and as her husband is a vegetarian, I am going to do a meat that can be added to the pasta dishes.  My husband did not like that I wanted to do a dish we hadn't made before; I said that we can blame the blog;).  He decided he liked this new dimension to the blog, blame for bad new recipes.  I'm not too worried. It is an Alton Brown Recipe and at worst it will to just ok. I have wanted to try this recipe for a while as I am a fan of meatballs.  I did find one that I thought was pretty great (9/1/11), but I still am looking for the OMG recipe. This one was a good one.  I like the cooking technique, but I thought the meatballs were a tad dense.  That is most likely my fault and I am going to try them again.  The star, among many gems, was the hostess' Gorgonzola sauce.  I liked it much better than the one I had made the ni8ght before.  A ladle of that sauce made the meatballs taste 100x's better than they did alone:) I need that recipe!

Baked Meatballs

1/2 lb ground pork
1/2 lb ground lamb
1/2 lb ground round
5    ounces frozen spinach thawed and drained thoroughly
1/2 c  finely grated Parmesan
1    whole egg
1 1/2 t  dried basil
1 1/2 t  dried parsley
1 t  garlic powder
1 t  kosher salt
1/2 t  red pepper flakes
1/2 c  bread crumbs,divided
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the pork, lamb, ground round, spinach,
cheese, egg, basil, parsley, garlic powder, salt, red pepper flakes,
and 1/4 cup of the bread crumbs. Using your hands, mix all ingredients
until well incorporated. Use immediately or place in refrigerator for
up to 24 hours.
Place the remaining 1/4 cup of bread crumbs into a small bowl. Using a
scale, weigh meatballs into 1.5-ounce portions and place on a sheet pan.
Using your hands, shape the meatballs into rounds, roll in the bread
crumbs and place the meatballs in individual, miniature muffin tin cups.
Bake for 20 minutes or until golden and cooked through.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pork Schnitzel with Dill Cream Sauce

Mollet Eggs Florentine

"Porcupine" Meatballs in Cream Sauce