Best Ever Chicken Balti

This was so AMAZINGLY tasty.  I can't recommend enough trying this dish.  I plan on making and freezing the sauce just to have it on hand.  I can see it working with all kinds of proteins.  I know Indian food can be daunting, but this one is not only easy, but doesn't require lots of hard to find ingredients.  We ate it with naan and broccoli.  I can't stop thinking about it! I plan on giving some of the jars of sauce as a gift.

Best Ever Chicken Balti
 4 Servings

4    -6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 t  chili powder
1 1/2 t  garam masala
1 t  minced garlic
3 T  tomato puree (I used a very plain jarred tomato sauce I had in the fridge)
2 T  Greek yogurt (10% milk fat!  Heck ya!)
2 T  chopped fresh coriander (that is cilantro to us in the US!)
2 T  mango chutney (I used major grey's mild)
1 t  salt
1/2 t  sugar
4 T  oil
2    green chilies,chopped (I used one jalepeno and one poblano with seeds and ribs removed)
2 T  single cream (I used heavy whipping cream:)
1Blend together the tomato puree, yogurt, garam masala, chili
powder, garlic, mango chutney, salt and sugar.
2Heat oil and add tomato mixture-cook for approx 2 minutes-stirring
occasionally.
3Add chopped chicken and a little cold water,and continue to cook until
chicken is cooked through, stirring occasionally
.4Add chilies, coriander and cream, stir in well and cook for a few
minutes more. If the sauce is a little thick just add water to achieve
your preferred consistency
.5Serve with boiled rice and/or naan bread.
6N.B-This freezes well-sometimes I just make the sauce up and freeze
little tubs of it.
Read more: http://www.food.com/recipe/best-ever-chicken-balti-277765#ixzz1klf9Z1DZ

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pork Schnitzel with Dill Cream Sauce

Mollet Eggs Florentine

"Porcupine" Meatballs in Cream Sauce