Crisp Pancetta And Egg Salad Sandwich

I didn't go hunting for brioche. I used an egg bread made in to rolls.  I was an ok dish.  I love salty, but I thought it was a bit too much.  Without the bread it was way to salty.  Seriously a teaspoon of salt and a 1/4 of pickles.  WOW! I also think I got my pancetta too thinly sliced because it gnarled up in to theses shriveled semi crisp pieces.  They were crisp, but not as crisp as I would have wanted bacon to be so, meh.  All in all, unless I hear from my husband that he loved it, I will most likely delete it. I didn't hate it, but it is no where as good as many of the dishes we have made before.  As always, I am on a quest to try a new recipe every time I cook for a year so this was part of that experiment and I'm ok with a dinner with a grade of 'C' tonight.  You never know how good a recipe will be.  As a simple veggie to have with it, I sliced some tomato and drizzled it with a balsamic reduction.

Crisp Pancetta And Egg Salad Sandwich

6    large hard-boiled eggs small dice
1/4 c  finely chopped dill pickle
3 T  mayonnaise
3 T  finely chopped fresh Italian parsley
1 T  cider vinegar
1 t  kosher salt
1/2 t  freshly ground black pepper
6    (3/4-inch-thick) slices brioche,toasted
9    thinly sliced pieces Pan-Crisped Pancetta
Place the eggs, pickle, mayonnaise, parsley, vinegar, salt, and
pepper in a medium nonreactive bowl and stir until evenly combined.
Divide the egg salad among 3 pieces of the brioche and top each with 3
pieces of the pancetta. Top with the remaining pieces of brioche and
serve.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pork Schnitzel with Dill Cream Sauce

Mollet Eggs Florentine

"Porcupine" Meatballs in Cream Sauce