Easy Tuna Or Chicken Noodle Casserole

Well as the only one who likes tuna, this was one for me only.  The husband was working and I had seen a tuna noodle casserole recipe at the bottom of some recipe I was looking at.  I began craving it.  I am not sure why, aside from the fact that I probably haven't had some since before 1990.  I have to say I liked it.  It wasn't  a blow you away meal, but I went back for more:).  I liked the fact that the veggies sill had a bit of crunch to them.  I cooked the sauce on a little bit lower temperature because I was afraid it would burn as I was multitasking.  I would make it again; the boys would rather that I had hated it. (hehehe)  


Easy Tuna Or Chicken Noodle Casserole
6    ounces egg noodles
2 T  butter
1    (10 ¾ ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup,undiluted
1/2    -1 teaspoon garlic powder (or to taste,I used 1 teaspoon)
3    -4 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese (optional)
3/4 c  milk (or can use half-and-half cream) (I used 2/4 milk 1/4 half and half)
1/2 c  sour cream (can increase to  3/4 cup)
1/4    -½ teaspoon seasoning salt   (or to taste,or use white salt)
1/2 t  fresh ground black pepper (or to taste)
1    small onion,finely chopped (can use 2 green onions)
1/4 c  pimiento,chopped
1    small green bell pepper finely chopped
1    large celery rib,diced
1    (6 ½ ounce) can tuna drained and flaked (can add another 3 oz)
12    -15 butter flavored crackers,broken in pieces (such as Ritz
1Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2Grease a 2-quart casserole dish.
3Cook the egg noodles in boiling salted water; drain then toss with 2
tablespoons butter.
4In a large saucepan, mix the undiluted mushroom
soup,  garlic powder, Parmesan cheese (if using) milk or half and half,
sour cream, salt, pepper, chopped onion, pimiento, bell pepper and
celery; cook over low heat, stirring frequently for 15 minutes
.5Add in the tuna or chicken; mix to combine
.6Combine the mixture with the cooked egg noodles.7Transfer to prepared greased baking dish.8Sprinkle
top with the broken Ritz crackers
.9Bake for about 25 minutes.
Read more: http://www.food.com/recipe/kittencals-easy-tuna-or-chicken-noodle-casserole-07190#ixzz1oeyH3ASS

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pork Schnitzel with Dill Cream Sauce

Mollet Eggs Florentine

"Porcupine" Meatballs in Cream Sauce