Progressive Dinner #2

Well we had our second progressive dinner.  This time the theme was Mexican. I think it was another success.  I am already thinking of our next theme:).  I know some think the traveling from house to house is a bit silly but I think it really makes the party.  The change of scenery gives each course it's own vibe, and the people you are sitting near or talking to changes too.  It makes a real difference.

Tonight we started with some homemade salsa and chips with homemade sangria.


Then we had our fish tacos with a Kim Crawford Sauvignon Blanc,  My husband even made a taco stand out of some cherry wood we had.


Next we had a spicy chicken tortilla soup with a bottle of sangria. The heat was perfect.  Just a little bite without overwhelming the soup.  I also loved the baked tortilla chips.  I think they are even better than fried.

 For salad we had a really unique and delicious Mexican Avocado salad made with beans, yellow peppers, onions, tomatoes and avocado with a oil and lime dressing.

Dessert, normally my least favorite course was A-MAZ- ING!  A sopapilla cheese cake that I had way too much of and a chili infused dark chocolate that was wonderful too all with a Chilean Merlot and  Cabernet.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pork Schnitzel with Dill Cream Sauce

Mollet Eggs Florentine

"Porcupine" Meatballs in Cream Sauce