Broccoli & Chicken Calzones

Well of all the recipes of the week, we had the highest hopes for this one, but it was a total failure.  I even had about half a small tub of ricotta that was going to be thrown out soon and I put it in there too.  The ricotta helped but it was not good.  My family feels like they are on some kind of weird punishment detail.  There wasn't even salt or pepper in the calzone mixture.  I am determined to come up with a menu that will feed my family for a week for $70.  I would say $50, but I figured I would start with an easier goal in mind.  Not next week; I promised my family we would have a regular week, but I am going to just buy the meal stuff and not paper towels, soap etc in that trip to the store.  That way I can see how much a regular week of just dinners cost. (just for a frame of reference) I really don't think it is that much more.  I was averaging $150 but that included paper towels, cleaning supplies, breakfasts and lunches and beer.  While I would love to spend less, I think I am doing pretty good.


Broccoli And Chicken Calzones

1 pk frozen whole wheat pizza dough,thawed
1    Ten ounce package frozen broccoli florets,thawed and finely chopped
1 c  leftover chicken,chopped
1/4 t  garlic powder
1/2 t  dried oregano
1 c  shredded mozzarella
1/2 c  grated Parmesan
2 T  extra-virgin olive oil divided
Jarred tomato sauce

Preheat oven to 500F.
In a medium bowl, combine broccoli, chicken garlic powder, oregano,
mozzarella, parmesan, and 1 tablespoon olive oil. Set aside.
Divide pizza dough into four sections. Roll each piece into a six-inch
circle. Evenly divide broccoli mixture onto 1/2 of each circle, leaving
a 1/2 inch border. Fold the unfilled side over the filling. Crimp the
edges with a fork.
Place the calzones onto a lightly-greased baking sheet. Using a pastry
brush, coat each calzone with remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil. Bake
for 15 minutes, or until golden brown. Sprinkle with parmesan and serve
with prepared tomato sauce.\

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pork Schnitzel with Dill Cream Sauce

Mollet Eggs Florentine

"Porcupine" Meatballs in Cream Sauce