Michelle's Turkey Burgers With Lemon Mayonnaise

Another installment in my burgers for the boy quest.  I know how much he loves burgers.  It might be genetic since I craved them when I was pregnant with him.  Since I want to try to not repeat recipes for a year, this has made for some interesting burgers.  I think the lamb one from 3/1/12 has been my favorite so far, but there has been some heavy competition!  This one was really good and should have been "light", but I used full fat mayo and added the Swiss cheese that the original recipe said the chef does when serving it in his restaurant.  I loved it, the boy wolfed his down so fast, I was amazed, but my husband (who I expected to fall in love with it) was not that impressed.  He kept saying there was an odd smell he couldn't get past.  Being a bit stuffy still, I couldn't smell it, but that is a good thing since I don't like the smell of raw, cooking or cooked poultry. I loved the smokiness the chipotle lent it. ( I did go a little light because of the baby, but I needn't have done so. )  It was so good:)


Michelle's Turkey Burgers With Lemon Mayonnaise

3 T  canola oil
1    onion,halved and thinly sliced
1/2 c  finely chopped celery
1/2 c  finely chopped Granny Smith apple
2    scallions,thinly sliced
1    small canned chipotle in adobo,minced
1 1/2 lb lean ground turkey breast
1 T  minced flat-leaf parsley
2 t  finely grated lemon zest
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1/3 c  reduced-fat mayonnaise
1 1/2 t  fresh lemon juice
1/4 t  chopped thyme
4    whole-wheat hamburger buns split and toasted
4    iceberg lettuce leaves
4    tomato slices

1. In a nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the canola oil. Add the
sliced onion and cook over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until
golden and softened, about 25 minutes. Transfer the onion to a bowl.
Wipe out the skillet.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon of the canola oil in the skillet. Add the celery,
apple and scallions and cook over moderate heat until softened, about 8
minutes. Transfer to a bowl and add the chipotle; let cool. Stir in the
turkey, parsley, 1 teaspoon of the lemon zest, 2 teaspoons of salt and
1/4 teaspoon of pepper. Shape the mixture into four 1/2-inch-thick
patties.
3. In the skillet, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of canola oil. Add
the burgers and cook over moderately high heat, turning once, until no
longer pink inside, 10 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix the mayonnaise with the remaining 1
teaspoon of lemon zest, the lemon juice and chopped thyme and season
with salt and pepper. Spread the lemon mayonnaise on the top halves of
the buns; set the burgers on the bottom halves and top with the
caramelized onions, lettuce and tomato. Close the burgers and serve.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pork Schnitzel with Dill Cream Sauce

Mollet Eggs Florentine

"Porcupine" Meatballs in Cream Sauce