Pork Milanese

So I decided to try the feed a family of four dinners for a week for under $50 menu I got from a friend.  http://www.cbsnews.com/2100-500172_162-6910676.html  I left my husband in charge of finishing up the dinner while I went out to the monthly wine tasting at my home away from home, The Ormond Wine Co.  I'm kinda glad I missed this one.  The boy liked the pork, my husband not so much and they both agreed that the salad was just way too lemony.  I plan on deleting it. Oh and they had some of the leftover bulgur as a starch.

Pork Milanese

4  Four ounce boneless pork chops,trimmed of fat
3/4 c  dry bread crumbs
2 T  grated Parmesan
1/4 t  garlic powder
1    egg,lightly beaten
3 T  extra-virgin olive oil
4 c  baby arugula
2 T  lemon juice

Preheat oven to 350F. Place each pork chop between two pieces of
plastic wrap. Using a meat mallet, pound to about 1/4-inch thickness.
Season each side with salt and pepper.
In a shallow dish, mix bread crumbs, cheese, and garlic powder. Put the
egg in another shallow dish. Dip each chop in egg, allowing excess to
drip back into bowl, then dredge in bread crumb mixture. Place on a
baking sheet.
In a large skillet, heat 1/2 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat.
Place chops in pan and brown for 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer back
to baking sheet and bake for 7 minutes.
While chops are baking, place arugula in a large bowl and toss with
lemon juice and remaining 2 1/2 tablespoons oil.
Plate chops and serve with arugula salad.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pork Schnitzel with Dill Cream Sauce

Mollet Eggs Florentine

"Porcupine" Meatballs in Cream Sauce