Big Daddy’s Carolina Style Barbecue Sauce

Yesterday was the boy's birthday, today is my husband's, so I decided to make him a meal of all things he loves and I don't.  I'm not the biggest fan of chicken,or BBQ. (eewww)  I was looking in my file folder of my husband's favorite recipes (which sadly haven't been made in forever) and I saw this BBQ sauce recipe I had only made once before but I remember him raving about.  Things I hate, BBQ check.  Oh no it gets worse yellow mustard. (I detest yellow mustard)  It is also got 'daddy' in the title!  Eureka!  And I have chicken in the fridge!  The only thing I needed to buy was yellow mustard. (and since the chicken was there because it was BOGO I can say that the meal cost $1.40 lol  oh and plus sides (coleslaw and cheddar/scallion biscuits) but they weren't much) I tossed the chicken in the sauce, they were then grilled while basting them with the sauce when they were turned.  Just to finish them off, they were cooked over the cooler indirect heat for a bit.  My boy declared that he would eat a bowl of the sauce by it self; my husband said while he wouldn't say that, he did insure that every bite was covered with the sauce we reserved and didn't taint with the raw chicken. I fear this will be asked for again and often.  I could eat it but didn't want to.;)  I just can't get past the yellow mustard taste that I just loathe.

Big Daddy’s Carolina Style Barbecue Sauce
1 c  prepared yellow mustard
1/2 c  sugar
1/4 c  light brown sugar
3/4 c  cider vinegar
1/4 c  water
2 T  chili powder
1 t  black pepper
1 t  white pepper
1/4 t  cayenne
1/2 t  soy sauce
2 T  butter
1 T  liquid smoke (hickory flavoring)
Mix all except soy, butter and smoke. Simmer 30 minutes. Stir in
remaining ingredients and simmer for 10 more minutes.

Comments

  1. Just found your site through Foodie Blogroll and thought I'd stop by to check out your site. I subscribed to your blog feed and can't wait to see what your next post will be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a good BBQ sauce, looks like a fantastic recipe. Following your blog now, looking forward to sharing with you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to sharing with you too:)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pork Schnitzel with Dill Cream Sauce

Mollet Eggs Florentine

"Porcupine" Meatballs in Cream Sauce