Chicken Breasts With Artichoke-Olive Sauce


I decided to make this one tonight because I had leftover feta from the gyros.  My family weren't the happiest since I am the only one who like artichokes and olives, but they managed.  On the plus side, the chicken was really juicy.  On the down side, the sauce was odd.  I would have liked the sauce to be less chunky.  It was like eating a artichoke salad on your chicken. I would also have liked more olives. The flavors were nice, but I think a finer texture would be better. I'm not sure how a puree would work, but minced should.  It makes for a lot more work, but I wouldn't make this again unless I did some "fixing," so I put it in the fixable file.  The whole dinner cost about $12.  Not too bad.
Chicken Breasts With Artichoke-Olive Sauce

1/4 c  plus 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
3 T  fresh lemon juice
2 t  finely grated lemon zest
3    garlic cloves,minced
1 T  chopped oregano
1    Ten-ounce box frozen artichoke hearts,thawed and patted dry
8    pitted kalamata olives halved
1/2 c  coarsely crumbled feta cheese
Salt and freshly ground pepper
4    Six-ounce Chicken Breasts boneless, Skinless halves
2 T  chopped parsley

1. Preheat the oven to 400. In a bowl, whisk 1/4 cup of the oil, lemon
juice, zest, garlic and oregano. Fold in the artichokes, olives and
feta;   season the sauce with salt and pepper.
2. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. In an ovenproof skillet,
heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil. Add the chicken, skinned side
down, and cook over moderately high heat until browned, 3 minutes; turn
and transfer the skillet to the oven. Roast the chicken for 10 minutes,
until white throughout. Transfer the chicken to plates and spoon the
sauce on top. Garnish with the parsley and serve.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pork Schnitzel with Dill Cream Sauce

Mollet Eggs Florentine

"Porcupine" Meatballs in Cream Sauce