Spicy Lamb Burger & Grilled Corn On The Cob With Garlic Butter, FreshLime And Cotija Cheese

In anticipation of our next neighborhood progressive dinner, in which the theme with be burgers, I decided to try another burger recipe.  It was really good.  It wasn't as spicy as I thought it would be considering how many peppers are in it, but I did make sure to remove all seeds and ribs which contain most of the capsaicin. I didn't make 6, I made 4 burgers.  I have a recipe program called accuchef that I really like that will recaculate the recipe for you, but I wanted to share it in it's original form.  (I like my accuchef but it costs, pepperplate is a free on line recipe management program that I have but I use accuchef the most) I also had some corn that I needed to use. (yes the epic struggle between a cook and her fridge is still in full swing.  I needed to use up some yogurt, hence the burger I chose to try)  I remember seeing Aaron Sanchez on The Best I Ever Ate talking about a grilled corn with cheese and lime.  I found this recipe from Bobby Flay and I think it stole the show.  It wasn't that the burger was anything less than delicious,but the corn was an unexpected combination and just awesome.  The garlic butter was a tad spicy but in a good way.  I halved the corn and garlic butter recipe, and I have a lot of butter left in my freezer just waiting for it's next application. (see section 5 of my tips post for how to make your own compound butter "stick" for  freezing.
Spicy Lamb Burgers

1/4 c  plus 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
4    jalapeƱos,seeded and minced
2 c  cilantro leaves
2 T  minced peeled fresh ginger
1 T  sugar
1    small red onion,1/2 minced and 1/2 thinly sliced
Kosher salt
 2 1/2 lb ground lamb
 6    medium scallions,minced
1/2 c  minced mint leaves
1/2 c  freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
1 1/2 t  finely grated lemon zest
Freshly ground pepper
1/4 t  cayenne pepper
1    medium tomato,thinly sliced
1    small cucumber—peeled halved, seeded and thinly sliced
3/4 c  plain yogurt
6    hard rolls,split and lightly toasted
1. In a food processor, combine 3 tablespoons of the lemon juice
with half of the minced jalapeos, the cilantro leaves, ginger, sugar,
minced onion and 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Process until pureed. Transfer
to a bowl and refrigerate.
2. Light a grill. In a large bowl, combine the ground lamb with the
remaining minced jalapeos, the scallions, mint, cheese, lemon zest and
2 teaspoons of the lemon juice. Add 1 teaspoon of salt, 1/2 teaspoon of
pepper and the cayenne and mix gently with your hands. Pat the meat
into 6 burgers.
3. In a medium bowl, toss the tomato, cucumber and sliced onion with
the remaining 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon of lemon juice. Season with
salt and pepper.
4. Grill the burgers over a hot fire until nicely charred on the
outside and pink within, about 4 minutes per side. Fold the yogurt into
the cilantro puree. Spread some of the yogurt sauce on the bottom half
of each roll; top each with a burger, another dollop of yogurt sauce
and some of the tomato-cucumber salad. Close the sandwiches and serve.


Grilled Corn On The Cob With Garlic Butter, Fresh Lime And Cotija Cheese
8    ears corn
4    fresh limes,quartered
Garlic butter,recipe follows
1/2 c  grated cotija cheese (I substituted Parm)
 2 T  chopped chives,for garnish
Preheat grill to medium. Peel back the husks of the corn without
removing them. Remove the silks and recover the corn with the husk.
Soak in large bowl of cold water for 30 minutes. Remove corn from water
and shake off excess. Place the corn on the grill, close the cover and
grill for 15 to 20 minutes.
Unwrap corn and brush with the garlic butter. Sprinkle with the cotija
cheese and squeeze with lime. Sprinkle with chopped chives, to garnish.

Garlic Butter:
2 sticks unsalted butter, slightly softened
8 cloves garlic, peeled and coarsely chopped
1/4 habanero pepper, seeded
1/4 bunch fresh chives
Salt and freshly ground black pepper

Combine butter, garlic, habanero, and chives in a food processor and
process until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside until
ready to use.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pork Schnitzel with Dill Cream Sauce

Mollet Eggs Florentine

"Porcupine" Meatballs in Cream Sauce