Agua Fresca

I didn't cook dinner tonight.  I insisted on finishing all the leftovers in the fridge.  It is the beginning of summer vacation and I want my fridge free to cook up a storm.  But I did make the drinks for tonight's dinner.  I used the lovely pineapple mint that came in my Front Porch Pickings basket.  The kid's and I loved it. It is a lovely refreshing drink for hot summer days.  I also like that you can control the sweetness. I think for summer parties this would be a great beverage because you can serve it to everyone, but can spike it with some rum for the adults that are so inclined.  It is also super easy.  It is best freshly blended; it tends to separate a bit after it sits.


Watermelon And Mint "Agua Fresca" (Fresh Fruit-Blended Water)
8 Servings

4 c  watermelon,seeded and cubed (about 3 pounds)
1/2 c  water
24    mint leaves,divided
8 T  super-fine sugar (adjust if too sweet when using a naturally sweeter watermelon),divided
4    very thin lime slices halved into half moons, divided
Add the watermelon and the water to a blender, and puree until
smooth. Divide the mint leaves, sugar and lime slices among 8 glasses
and muddle the ingredients. Add ice to each glass and pour in the
watermelon agua fresco. Stir and serve.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pork Schnitzel with Dill Cream Sauce

Mollet Eggs Florentine

"Porcupine" Meatballs in Cream Sauce