BLT Burger With Garlicky Mayonnaise

Tonight another test burger in anticipation of the upcoming progressive dinner.  This one is a close tie to the sausage burger.  OMG!  It was so good.  I did use the 2 pounds of meat, but I made 5 burgers.  I think they were still a little heavy on meat, but oh so freakin good.  My husband, who had already declared the sausage burger the one we were making, now couldn't decide between the two.  I think we may still make the sausage one, but only because there will most likely be lots of beef burgers  I used the teaspoon of hot sauce (chipotle Tabasco kind).  So here I am, sitting full and super happy with my meal and totally content when the discussion of tonight's meal begins.  We do this for thoughts for the blog, future uses of the recipe, and changes we might want to make etc...  The real star of the burger is the garlicky mayo.  It was super!  And then my husband ruin's my night by calling it baconaise.  Ewwww!  I can't believe the product that has been the focus of so much derision from us (and Stephen Colbert!) could be anything like this ambrosia.  It is crushing.  I still have no desire to try baconaise, but I will have to, perhaps, be a little kinder to it in the future.

Blt Burger With Garlicky Mayonnaise

8    strips of bacon
We had it with one of my favorite wines
8    Sun Dried Tomatoes,Oil Packed, Drained (1/4 cup)
1    garlic clove
1    chipotle in adobo sauce seeded, or 1 teaspoon hot sauce
1 t  cider vinegar
1/2 c  mayonnaise
Salt and freshly ground pepper
2 lb ground beef chuck
Extra-virgin olive oil,for brushing
4    kaiser rolls,split
1 bn arugula,thick stems removed (6 ounces)
1. Light a grill. In a large skillet, cook the bacon over moderate
heat until crisp, about 7 minutes. Drain on paper towels, then chop
finely.
2. In a mini food processor, pulse the sun-dried tomatoes with the
garlic, chipotle and vinegar until finely chopped. Add the mayonnaise
and puree until smooth. Add the bacon, season with salt and pepper and
pulse just until combined.
3. Form the meat into 4 large patties, about 1 inch thick and brush
lightly with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and grill over a
medium-high fire for 9 minutes for medium meat. Brush the cut sides of
the rolls with olive oil and grill until lightly browned, about 2
minutes.
4. Spread the mayonnaise on the cut sides of the rolls and set the
burgers on the bottom halves. Top with the arugula, close the
sandwiches and serve.

Comments

  1. We love burgers, I can't wait to try your BLT version, the mayo sounds wonderful! I am your newest follower, look forward to sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We really liked it! I look forward to sharing too:)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pork Schnitzel with Dill Cream Sauce

Mollet Eggs Florentine

"Porcupine" Meatballs in Cream Sauce