Broiled Tilapia With Mustard-Chive Sauce

I wanted to do something lighter tonight.  I found his dish from Giada De Laurentiis on the food network website.  I didn't have high hopes because it was lighter but I do like Giada's recipes so I thought I would give it a go.  It was very tasty.  The yogurt gives the illusion of  cream. (yes it is full fat yogurt but there isn't much) So a light dish that tricks you in to thinking that it is not. And while it wasn't an OMG dish, it was very good for light dish.  My husband and I both thought a little more mustard would have been nice; the boy ate a double portion;).
Broiled Tilapia With Mustard-Chive Sauce

Fish
Vegetable oil cooking spray
4    (5 to 6-ounce) tilapia fillets
Extra-virgin olive oil,for drizzling
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Sauce
1/4 c  plain,full-fat Greek yogurt
2 t  agave nectar or honey
1 t  Dijon mustard
1/4 c  lemon juice (from 1 large lemon)
2 T  chopped fresh chives
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the fish: Preheat a broiler. Spray a small baking sheet or glass
baking dish with vegetable oil cooking spray. Set aside.
Drizzle the tilapia fillets on both sides with olive oil and season
with salt and pepper. Arrange the fillets in a single layer on the
prepared baking sheet and broil until cooked through and the flesh
flakes easily with a fork, about 6 to 8 minutes. Set aside to cool
slightly.
For the sauce: In a small bowl, mix together the yogurt, agave nectar,
and mustard until smooth. Whisk in the lemon juice and chives. Season
with salt and pepper, to taste.
Transfer the tilapia to a serving platter and drizzle with the sauce.

Comments

  1. First: That dish looks fantastic. Second: I love your blog! So I've nominated you for the versatile bloggers award. Check out the post to find out more http://www.thesaucygourmet.net/2012/06/bang-bang-shrimp-lettuce-wraps.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, awesome and thanks! I will check it out now:)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pork Schnitzel with Dill Cream Sauce

Mollet Eggs Florentine

"Porcupine" Meatballs in Cream Sauce