Chicken Saltimbocca With Lemon Sauce


I had planned on making a Chicken Saltimbocca recipe I had gotten from Food & Wine that was contributed by Lidia Bastianich.  I love that recipe and I was convinced it was pre blog so I could safely make it.  WRONG.  I had made it back in October.  Well what am I to do?  I don't want a repeat.  I have another saltimbocca recipe from Publix apron meals,  It is fast but not as good as the recipe by LB.  So to the computer and I found this one from Bon Appetit on food.com. (as always click the title to get to the original recipe when I know the source:)  It was quite good. I made a pasta sauce with some leftover marinara,wine, sun dried tomato pesto, garlic, olive oil, ricotta and cream.  It wasn't too bad and it got rid of 4 things in my fridge!  yay No wait 5 things.  I had accidentally cooked too much pasta a couple of days back so I was using that up too!

Chicken Saltimbocca With Lemon Sauce 

4    boneless skinless chicken breast halves
8    large fresh sage leaves
8 sl prosciutto (about 3 ounces thinly sliced)
1/2 c  all-purpose flour,plus
2 t  all-purpose flour
1 T  butter
1 1/2 T  olive oil
2 T  dry white wine
1/2 c  low sodium chicken broth
2 T  fresh lemon juice

1 Place chicken between 2 sheets of plastic wrap on work surface.
2 Using mallet, pound chicken to 1/3-inch thickness.
3 Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
4 Place 2 sage leaves atop each chicken breast half.
5 Top each chicken breast with 2 prosciutto slices, pressing to adhere.
6 Spread 1/2 cup flour on plate.
7 Turn chicken in flour to lightly coat both sides
8 Melt butter with oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
9 Add chicken, prosciutto side down; cook 4 minutes.
10 Turn chicken over and cook just until cooked through, about 3 minutes.
11 Transfer to platter and cover to keep warm; reserve skillet.
12 Whisk wine with remaining 2 teaspoons flour in small bowl.
13 Add broth and lemon juice to same skillet; bring to boil.
14 Add wine mixture; whisk until sauce thickens slightly, about 30
seconds.
15 Season to taste with salt and pepper.
16 Spoon sauce over chicken.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pork Schnitzel with Dill Cream Sauce

Mollet Eggs Florentine

"Porcupine" Meatballs in Cream Sauce