Kale Chips With Almond Butter And Miso

I know I am trying to do a year of different dinners, but I am going to have to amend that to a a year of different recipes.  I got green beans again from my Front Porch Pickings basket and I have to make Fusilli with Green Beans, Pancetta and Parmigiano again.  It was just too good, but I am making kale chips with the kale I got in the basket.  I adore kale chips and this recipe looked so good, and I happen to have miso on hand for the dinner my husband requested for father's day.  Two things about the ingredient list. 1) Almond butter is quite pricey.  You can make your own. Click here to see one way to make it. 2) I love nutritional yeast!  It is my absolute favorite popcorn topping.  I love it on buttered toast.  I am always looking for ways to use it.  It is available on line or at health food stores.  I like it when it is sold in bulk.  Much better prices that way.  I told my son when he was like 2 that it was cheesy powder.  The name has stuck, and he still loves it. Oh and I did deviate a bit, I used red miso.  It was what was called for in tomorrow night's dinner.  I liked the result, but next time, an even thin layer of the sauce is crucial.  I didn't and those parts with extra didn't crisp up enough,  but still really tasty.  Go light on the salt at the end:)

Kale Chips With Almond Butter And Miso

1/2 c  almond butter
1/4 c  warm water
1/4 c  chopped onion
3 T  extra-virgin olive oil,plus more for greasing
2    garlic cloves,chopped
1 T  white miso
1 T  nutritional yeast
1 T  chopped fresh oregano
1 T  chopped fresh thyme
2 t  cider vinegar
2 t  tamari
1/4 t  turmeric
1/4 t  crushed red pepper
1 1/2 lb curly kale,leaves left whole and stems discarded
Sea salt
1. Preheat the oven to 200 and position 3 racks spaced evenly apart.
In a blender or food processor, puree all of the ingredients except the
kale and salt.
2. Grease 3 large rimmed baking sheets with olive oil and divide the
kale leaves among them. Drizzle the almond-butter mixture over the kale
and rub each leaf to season evenly. Arrange the kale on the sheets in
an even layer and season with salt. Bake for about 1 hour and 40
minutes, until the leaves are crisp. Switch the pans a few times during
baking and rearrange to help them cook evenly. Let cool, then carefully
lift the kale chips off the baking sheets with a spatula and serve.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pork Schnitzel with Dill Cream Sauce

Mollet Eggs Florentine

"Porcupine" Meatballs in Cream Sauce