Roasted Butternut Squash Pasta


Tonight I revisit a recipe I haven't made in a long time.  This one was once a frequent item in our kitchen but for some reason it fell by the way side for a while.  Perhaps it is because it is a simple recipe and I was looking to tackle more difficult items.  Perhaps it is just like most things in life and just part of a cyclical pattern.  My determination to have a year of different meals hurt and helped this little dish.  It got pushed away in the beginning (we are now about day 260 of that year) but ultimately I guess I was longing for an  oldie but goodie and I happened to get a lovely butternut squash in my Front Porch Pickings basket.  I left out the optional meat, but I do really like it with the prosciutto.  I usually just put a couple of slices in the toaster and toast until crispy. (it depends on your toaster oven but mine works best on the medium/ light setting) I am going to need to keep this post short, as I am helping a friend do the food for her party.

Roasted Butternut Squash Pasta

1/2    a butternut squash peeled seeded and roughly chopped
1    medium onion roughly chopped
5    -10 cloves of garlic,peeled and cut in ½
3/4 box of linguine or other wide pasta
1 t Sage
2 t  Brown sugar
Optional,crumbled cooked bacon or "toasted" prosciutto
1.Preheat oven to 375
2.Put the squash, onion, garlic, sugar, salt, pepper and olive oil in a
Ziploc bag and toss to coat
3.Roast veggies for about 35-45minutes (until nice and soft)
4.Cook the pasta so it will get done with the veggies
5.toss the pasta and veggies together with sage and some more olive oil

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pork Schnitzel with Dill Cream Sauce

Mollet Eggs Florentine

"Porcupine" Meatballs in Cream Sauce