Twiced Baked Potatoes

Not a great or fancy dinner tonight but it was good enough.  I decided to use up the bits of green pepper. jalapeno and onion in the fridge in twice baked potatoes.  I was going to make the potatoes O'Brien of my youth, but it seemed like too much work.  Twice baked potatoes are a great way to use up odds and ends.  In addition to using up some produce, I got rid of 2 oz of goat cheese and some Monterrey jack too.  Basically to make twice baked potatoes, you bake them, scrape out the insides and make mashed potatoes of them and add whatever ingredients to them you fancy and bake them again about 20-30 minutes. Everything should be cooked before it goes in to the potato. I sauteed the veggies and added them to the mashed potatoes I made from the baked ones.  The only thing that I think is super important, is to make mashed potatoes with a ricer.  It makes a world of difference.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pork Schnitzel with Dill Cream Sauce

Mollet Eggs Florentine

"Porcupine" Meatballs in Cream Sauce