Guest Chef: Joe's Shrimp Sauce

My friend's husband is a wizard at the grill.  I don't know if it is the sauce or the fact that he stokes this monster fire of different woods to get that amazing smoke flavor, or even that he had just caught the shrimp himself.  All I know is I didn't have enough room for all I ate but I didn't get enough! On the menu tonight was: grilled shrimp, grilled veggies, steak, kielbasa, baked beans, coleslaw, watermelon and mojitos.
The Famous Mug!
 I was having too much fun to ask for all the recipes, but as I didn't want to neglect the blog completely, I got the recipe for his sauce.  He starts with an old and beloved mug with Garfield on it.  He adds 1/2 c of butter, 1/2 cup of toasted sesame marinade and about 10 drops of lime juice.  He then fills the rest of the mug with some water.  (about a 1/2 cup)  He microwaves it for 30 seconds or so and them brushes them liberally over the shrimp skewers.  He also makes a similar sauce I love but instead of the sesame he uses honey mustard dressing.
I still think that the secret is in his fire.  I don't want to even try to replicate the process.  All I know is that at the end of it all, there is this yummy, smokey, delicious (insert the protein here) that you can't get enough of.
After gorging ourselves, we went out on the dock and set off the fire works that didn't get set off the night before.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pork Schnitzel with Dill Cream Sauce

Mollet Eggs Florentine

"Porcupine" Meatballs in Cream Sauce