Mesa Hot Sauce

We have family in town.  They are all gathering here before we all take a  trip to the mountains. It has been strongly suggested we have our famous (and secret recipe) Fish Tacos.  Well, as we can't share that recipe and technically it is a repeat, so I thought I would make a hot sauce for them. I got this sauce out of the free iBook from the iTunes store.  It's called Bobby Flay's Bold Flavors. It is an amazing hot sauce.  It's funny, every member of my household (ok not the 2 year old) has their own hot sauce.  My son loves the Chipotle Tabasco, my husband Crystal and Sriracha for myself, however everyone loves this sauce.  If pureeing an entire can of chipotles for 2 tablespoons worries you, and you think there won't be another use for it, do what I do with tomato paste.  Portion it out (1 Tbsp for tomato paste, and 1 tsp for the peppers unless you like spicy) and freeze it. Then put your little frozen nuggets in a ziploc bag and viola.  No waste and easy portions for future use.  And, as hot sauce doesn't make for stunning photography, no picture;).

Mesa Hot Sauce
1 cup red wine vinegar
2 Tablespoons Chipotle Chile Puree*
1 1/2 Tablespoons Dijon Mustard
2 Tablespoons honey
1 Teaspoon salt

Whisk together all ingredients in a small bowl and let sit at least 30 minutes

*Made by pureeing a can of chipotles in adobo in a food processor

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pork Schnitzel with Dill Cream Sauce

Mollet Eggs Florentine

"Porcupine" Meatballs in Cream Sauce