Oatmeal Cookies

Well we are getting ready to go on vacation and I need to clean out the produce in my fridge that won't make it the week.  I am, again cheating, by baking cookies as my "dinner" and making clean out the fridge black beans.  While they were tasty, they are too similar to my black bean recipe to count as a new dinner so.... cookies.  This is a recipe I made for some of my Husband's employees when we were first married.  It is from a Martha Stewart magazine.  Everyone loved these cookies, and as I am not a baker, I was super pleased that they were well received.  I know they were a favorite of my husband's but I haven't made them in a long, long time. So, while he often curses the blog because he will have to wait too long before he can have a favorite meal again, he can thank it too for unearthing some old favorites. I made half the batch with raisins(for my mom) and half with chocolate chips (for me;)

Oatmeal Cookies
1 c  packed light brown sugar
1 c  granulated sugar
1/2 lb (2 sticks) Unsalted Butter at room temp.
2    large eggs at room temp
1 t  Vanilla extract
3 c  Rolled oats
1 c  plus 2 TBSP AP Flour
1 t  Baking soda
1 t  baking powder
1/2 c  wheat germ
12 oz Raisins,chocolate chips etc whatever you want in them*

1.Heat oven to 350F
2.Cream the butter and the sugar
3.Add the eggs and vanilla and mix
4.IN a separate mixing bowl mix the dry ingredients (everything else
except the chips or whatever you are using)
5.Add the dry mixture to the wet and just mix though
6.Fold in the Chips you are using
7.Bake at 350 about 14 to 18 minutes

*if you use chocolate chips, I like a good dash of Cinnamon in it as well

Comments

  1. Oatmeal cookies are my all time favorite cookie, followed by snicerdoodles and then chocolate chip. Love the addition of cinnamon too! I'm your newest follower too and thank you for your FB friendship and following today too! PS: Your blog has a SUPERB philosophy. I made sure that my kids had a sit-down meal each and every day while they were growing up and it still exists today as grown adults! Keep it up!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pork Schnitzel with Dill Cream Sauce

Mollet Eggs Florentine

"Porcupine" Meatballs in Cream Sauce