Whole-Wheat Fettuccine With Arugula Pesto

I love, love, love arugula, so it is no surprise that I loved this dish.  My family, ate everything on their plate, but didn't rave like I did.  The only criticism I had was the tomatoes.  Tomatoes are another favorite of mine, but they seemed odd in the dish.  Maybe because they weren't part of every bite?  I would for sure cut them smaller next time.  The original recipe (which as always is linked from the recipe title) has homemade pasta.  My pasta machine has lost a couple parts and is not an option.  I know I need to replace it but since I hate dough making...  Oh and this dish is lightning fast!  I bought whole wheat spaghetti, oops:)  but despite the fact that the wider would have held the pesto better the spaghetti worked fine.

Whole-Wheat Fettuccine With Arugula Pesto

1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 T  pine nuts
2    packed cups baby arugula (2 ounces)
1/4 c  freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
1    garlic clove,chopped
1 c  halved cherry tomatoes
3/4 pound of whole wheat fettuccine
 In a small skillet, toss the pine nuts over moderate heat until
toasted, 1 minute; let cool. In the food processor, pulse the arugula,
pine nuts, cheese, garlic and the 1/3 cup of oil to a paste.
Season the pesto with salt and add to a large skillet.
In a pot of boiling, salted water, cook the pasta, stirring, until
al dente  Drain the pasta, reserving 1/3 cup of the
cooking water. Stir the reserved water into the pesto. Add the pasta
and tomatoes to the pesto, toss over moderate heat and serve.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pork Schnitzel with Dill Cream Sauce

Mollet Eggs Florentine

"Porcupine" Meatballs in Cream Sauce