Bok Choy With Garlic

I loved this recipe.  It could easily be a vegetarian one if you used vegetable stock.  I had an open beef stock and used it.  Bok choy is a bitter vegetable and my son complained about that.  I however didn't mind it's bitterness.,  I think this is not only a great side, but would be a tasty meatless main.  The crunchiness of the bok choy makes it feel more like a meal to me than just some side. We had this with the Bourbon Chicken.  It is a fast side and not your usual veggie.  I found that you really need a good dose of salt.  Without it, the dish was too bitter.


Bok Choy With Garlic
1/2 c  chicken stock or low-sodium broth
2 t  cornstarch
1 T  vegetable oil
2    garlic cloves,minced
2 lb bok choy—stems cut into 1-inch lengths,leafy tops left about 4 i
Salt and freshly ground pepper
1.In a bowl, whisk the stock with the cornstarch. In a large skillet,
heat the oil. Add the garlic and cook over high heat until fragrant,
20 seconds. Add the bok choy and stir-fry until the leaves start to
wilt, 2 minutes. Add the stock and cook, stirring, until slightly
thickened, 30 seconds. Remove the bok choy from the heat, season with
salt and pepper and serve.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pork Schnitzel with Dill Cream Sauce

Mollet Eggs Florentine

"Porcupine" Meatballs in Cream Sauce