Cajun Chicken Alfredo

I got this originally from pinterest.  I went to the blog again today and couldn't find the recipe.  It has been a long few days with little sleep, so it may be what my husband calls a PICNIC error. (Problem In Chair, Not In Computer)  So I have the entire recipe here and not just a link.  I suggest you check the blog out.  It looked like it had a lot of cool recipes.  I didn't buy the blackening spice.  I made my own from a recipe I found on Food.com.  It said it was Paul Prudhomme's but I can't verify that. (I will be posting that recipe tomorrow because we will be out for dinner, and I am totally cheating my way to a post every night:).  This dish was very rich but very tasty.  I don't care for chicken much, but this chicken was pretty good. The sauce was very yummy.  I used a cup and a half of the mixed Italian cheeses that were already grated. (I am a little ashamed of that but such is life sometimes)  The recipe I originally copied said something about liking goat cheese in it.  (I wasn't sure if that was instead of, in addition to etc... so I removed it from the recipe.)  I did think it needed a bit of something at the end so I added a heaping tablespoon of cream cheese and I think it made the sauce a bit smoother.  All in all a solid meal that everyone would happily eat again. Oh, next time, I would like more tomatoes, but I love tomatoes:)



Cajun Chicken Alfredo
4    small boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 ¼ lbs.)
1/2    Tbs. Cajun blackening spice (like Paul Prudhomme’s brand)
2    Tbs. butter,divided
1    Tbs. olive oil (or more if needed)
2    garlic cloves,minced
1 c  (1/2 pint) grape tomatoes halved
1/4 c  dry white wine (or chicken broth)
1 1/2 c  heavy cream (or half-and-half)
1 1/2 c  good quality,freshly grated Italian cheeses
1 t  kosher salt (or more,to taste)
1/2 t  ground black pepper (or more,to taste)
1 lb cooked fettuccini
Pinch of ground nutmeg,for serving
Chopped parsley,for serving
[Note:  http://comfortablydomestic.com  ]
1.Cook fettuccini al-dente according to package directions, stirring
often. Drain, and rinse with hot tap water, to keep pasta from sticking.
Drain again.
For Chicken:
1.Rinse chicken breast in cool water, and pat dry.
2.Pound each chicken breast flat with a flat meat mallet or rolling
pin,  between two sheets of plastic wrap. Set flattened breasts on a
clean plate.
3.Sprinkle a heavy amount of blackening spice on both sides of each
chicken breast, pressing to adhere.
4.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
5.Heat 1 Tbs. of the butter, and the olive oil in a large skillet over
medium high heat, until butter begins to brown.
6.Place chicken in the pan, and sear on one side, until it is very
brown, about 3 minutes. Flip chicken and sear the other side until very
brown, about another 1 ½ minutes. Work in batches so as not to crowd
the pan.
7.Place browned chicken onto a rimmed baking sheet, and bake for 10
minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink inside.
8.Remove chicken from the oven and thinly slice against the grain; set
aside.
For Sauce:
10.  If the skillet looks dry, add a bit more olive oil. Re-heat the
skillet over medium heat.
11.  Pour in the dry white wine (or chicken broth) into the skillet to
deglaze the panwhisk all of the delicious brown bits off the bottom of
the pan. (1-2 minutes)
12.  Add the garlic and tomatoes to the pan and saut to soften and
lightly caramelize, stirring occasionally. (1-2 minutes)
13.  Reduce heat to medium-low and pour the heavy cream to the pan with
the tomato mixture, stirring constantly for 1 minute.
14.  Add the salt, pepper, and the remaining tablespoon of butter.
15.  Continue to stir the cream mixture while it simmers for 3-4
minutes.  The cream will reduce slightly.
16.  Remove from heat. Add the grated cheeses cream sauce. Stir constantly until all the cheese has melted, and sauce is smooth. Taste sauce and adjust seasonings.
17.  Pour the fettuccini onto the sauce, and top with the sliced
chicken.
18.  Toss the pasta and chicken into the sauce with tongs, until well
combined.
19.  Turn tossed pasta into a large serving bowl.
20.  Sprinkle with a pinch of nutmeg, and a bit of chopped parsley.
21.  Serve immediately.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pork Schnitzel with Dill Cream Sauce

Mollet Eggs Florentine

"Porcupine" Meatballs in Cream Sauce