Crispy Edamame

My son requested my grilled steak salad for dinner, so I decided to put the snack I made today on the blog.  I did throw some in to the salad as well so that counts right?  I enjoyed the edamame, but I do want to play around with the recipe.  I think that the parmesan was totally unnecessary.  I also think next time, I will bake them for a bit to dry them before I toss them in olive oil. (not drizzle, that so didn't work)  I think that all kinds of seasonings will work.  Everything from just some garlic, to curry or five spice should work with them.  I have no idea how the calories might compare to say popcorn, but they are really filling and pretty nutritious

Crispy Edamame

12 oz Edamame,Shelled
1 T  Olive Oil
1/4 c  Parmesan,Grated
Salt And Freshly Ground Black Pepper

Directions
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Place the edamame
into a colander and rinse under cold water to thaw. Drain.
Spread the edamame beans into the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish.
Drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle cheese over the top and season with
salt and pepper.
Bake in the preheated oven until the cheese is crispy and golden, about
15 minutes.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pork Schnitzel with Dill Cream Sauce

Mollet Eggs Florentine

"Porcupine" Meatballs in Cream Sauce