Hawaiian Baked Ham and Swiss Sandwiches


I was really tired today, and wanted nothing more than to skip feeding my family and go to bed.  Instead, I wracked my tired brain and browsed my many recipes saved on pinterest to see if I could find one that would be fast, easy and tasty and didn't involve a crock pot. (it was already after 4)  I thought these looked really tasty and decided to make them.  I did alter it a bit.  First of all, and not intentionally, I left out the poppy seeds.  I didn't have them.  I was sure I did and didn't even check before I ran to the store for the rolls and ham.  I still believe that there are some in there.  I have celery seeds, sesame seeds (white and black) mustard seeds, and two (2 really?) jars of fennel seeds.  Oh and huge bags of coriander and fenugreek too.  So really, no poppy?  I just don't believe it but they were left off.  I also used 3/4 pound of meat and cheese each.  I still thought it was a bit much.  I was pretty good!  I thought it a bit oily and they need to be eaten right away. If they aren't then they get really greasy. My husband was late so I kept some in the oven covered at 200 degrees and it was very wet when he got home.  My son loved them, and as they reminded me of a Cuban, they made me happy.  I used honey ham and the sweet worked well with the rolls.  The biggest thing about the recipe, was even after 20 minutes, the center of the block of sandwiches was cold.  I cooked it another 10-15 minutes and it was melty and warm in the center.


Hawaiian Baked Ham and Swiss Sandwiches

For recipe and instructions click here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pork Schnitzel with Dill Cream Sauce

Mollet Eggs Florentine

"Porcupine" Meatballs in Cream Sauce