Tuna Niçoise Burgers

I did not care much for this burger.  Surprisingly my husband did.  Why am I surprised?  Tuna and olives are pretty high on his list of dislikes.  For me it was just the opposite.  Perhaps our expectations colored our enjoyment.  I didn't hate it, but have no desire to make it again. We are going to have lots of burgers this week too.  My husband had invited some people over for the Gator game on Saturday, and while there were 8 eating burgers, in a fit of what can only be considered madness, I bought 32 buns. I know you must think I have no understanding of any basic math concepts, but truly I do.  I can't explain what was going on in my brain.  I just assumed it was taking another well deserved break.  Anyways, back to the burger. In summary:  I don't plan on making it again, but it was surprisingly good and different for my husband so I guess I can't really trash the recipe too much:).



Tuna Niçoise Burgers

1 1/4 lb fresh tuna,diced
2    scallions,thinly sliced
12    pitted kalamata olives coarsely chopped
1 T  salted capers,rinsed and minced
Salt and freshly ground pepper
Extra-virgin olive oil,for brushing
1/4 c  mayonnaise
1 1/2 t  anchovy paste
4    brioche buns,split and toasted
Sliced tomatoes and arugula for serving
1. Spread the tuna, scallions, olives and capers on a plate and
freeze for 5 minutes. Transfer to a food processor and pulse until the
tuna is finely chopped. Transfer the mixture to a bowl; season with
salt and pepper. Form the mixture into four 4-inch patties.
2. Light a grill or preheat a grill pan. Brush the burgers with olive
oil and grill over moderately high heat, turning once, until golden and
crusty and just cooked through, about 6 minutes.
3. In a bowl, mix the mayonnaise and anchovy paste; spread on the buns.
Top with the burgers, tomato and arugula, close and serve.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pork Schnitzel with Dill Cream Sauce

Mollet Eggs Florentine

"Porcupine" Meatballs in Cream Sauce