Spicy Cheddar, Bacon & Jalapeno Double Corn Muffins


Part three of my ode to my friend dinner.  The corn muffins.  I love this one because I dislike sweet corn bread.  I agree whole heartily in this with the blogger I got this recipe from.  The muffins were really great.  I was concerned that the amount of pickles jalapenos was too small, but I didn't mess with the recipe.  I'm glad I didn't.  While these muffins weren't really spicy, there were spicy bites here and there which was nice.  I am not a baker and because of this I had all kinds of issues with the process.  (that is totally on me not the recipe;)  After removing them from the oven to add the cheese I forgot to mix in, and my uncanny ability to spew flour, cornmeal, baking powder, and anything else in powder form around my kitchen until every surface it got a thin coating, the muffins baked nicely and were very tasty!  This makes a lot of muffins.  I hope they keep because if they don't I am wasting a lot of tasty food!

Spicy Cheddar, Bacon & Jalapeno Double Corn Muffins

3 c  all purpose flour
2 T  sugar
1 c  cornmeal
2 T  baking powder
1 1/2 t  salt
1 1/2 c  whole milk
1 1/2   sticks  (3/4 cup) unsalted butter melted and cooled
4 T  bacon drippings from the cooked bacon
3    eggs
1 lb bacon,cooked and crumbled (reserve 4 tablespoons of drippings)
2 c  frozen corn,thawed and drained
2 c  grated sharp cheddar
2 T  diced pickled jalapenos
          


For the directions click here.

Comments

  1. YUM!! So many delicious ingredients in one bite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leah, they were really good and made an awesome savoury bread pudding/dressing. Post coming soon:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pork Schnitzel with Dill Cream Sauce

Mollet Eggs Florentine

"Porcupine" Meatballs in Cream Sauce