Sunday, October 7, 2012

Spicy Cheddar, Bacon & Jalapeno Double Corn Muffins


Part three of my ode to my friend dinner.  The corn muffins.  I love this one because I dislike sweet corn bread.  I agree whole heartily in this with the blogger I got this recipe from.  The muffins were really great.  I was concerned that the amount of pickles jalapenos was too small, but I didn't mess with the recipe.  I'm glad I didn't.  While these muffins weren't really spicy, there were spicy bites here and there which was nice.  I am not a baker and because of this I had all kinds of issues with the process.  (that is totally on me not the recipe;)  After removing them from the oven to add the cheese I forgot to mix in, and my uncanny ability to spew flour, cornmeal, baking powder, and anything else in powder form around my kitchen until every surface it got a thin coating, the muffins baked nicely and were very tasty!  This makes a lot of muffins.  I hope they keep because if they don't I am wasting a lot of tasty food!

Spicy Cheddar, Bacon & Jalapeno Double Corn Muffins

3 c  all purpose flour
2 T  sugar
1 c  cornmeal
2 T  baking powder
1 1/2 t  salt
1 1/2 c  whole milk
1 1/2   sticks  (3/4 cup) unsalted butter melted and cooled
4 T  bacon drippings from the cooked bacon
3    eggs
1 lb bacon,cooked and crumbled (reserve 4 tablespoons of drippings)
2 c  frozen corn,thawed and drained
2 c  grated sharp cheddar
2 T  diced pickled jalapenos
          


For the directions click here.

2 comments:

  1. YUM!! So many delicious ingredients in one bite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leah, they were really good and made an awesome savoury bread pudding/dressing. Post coming soon:)

    ReplyDelete