Spicy peanut sauce
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup hoisin sauce
1 tablespoon honey
2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
2 teaspoons minced ginger (or more if you wish)
2 minced garlic cloves
2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
2 teaspoons soy sauce
1 teaspoon Vietnamese chili sauce (or dried chili flakes)
1 tablespoon oyster sauce
2 tablespoons water
Thai chicken pieces
1 tablespoon olive oil
10 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 3/4 inch cubes
For the pizza
1 pizza dough, use your own recipe
cornmeal or flour, for handling
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
4 scallions, slivered diagonally
1/2 cup white bean sprouts
1/4 cup shredded carrot
2 tablespoons chopped roasted peanuts
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Combine sauce ingredients in a small pan over medium heat.
- Bring the sauce to a boil; boil gently for one minute.
- Divide into 2 portions for use on chicken and pizza; set aside.
- To make Thai chicken: Cook the chicken in olive oil over med-high heat, stirring, until just cooked; 5 to 6 minutes do not overcook.
- Set aside in refrigerator until chilled through.
- Once chilled, coat the chicken with 1/4 cup sauce.
- Set aside in refrigerator.
- To make the pizza: Use a large spoon to spread 1/4 cup sauce evenly over pizza dough within the rim.
- Cover sauce with 3/4 cup cheese.
- Distribute half the chicken pieces over the cheese followed by half the green onions, bean sprouts, and carrots, respectively.
- Sprinkle an additional 1/4cup cheese over the toppings and top the pizza with 1 TBSP chopped peanuts.
- Transfer the pizza to oven; bake until crisp and golden and the cheese is bubbly, 9 to 10 minute.
- When cooked through, remove pizza from oven.
- Sprinkle 1TBSP chopped cilantro over the hot cheesy surface.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients for a second pizza.