Crunchburger

So, I have leftover buns from the Miami burger I made, so we will just have to have burgers again.  I figured we loved the Miami Burger, why not make the first burger in the cookbook, Bobby Flay's Bold Flavors, the Crunchburger!  Before I even ate it, I didn't like 3 things: no pickles (sacrilege!), no ketchup, and American Cheese.  I hate to say that despite missing my one crucial burger ingredient, pickles, I still liked it a lot.  I have always liked potato chips on a sandwich, and I have been known to put french fries on a burger, so this wasn't a big stretch for me.  My son adored it! My poor hubby is sick, but even he managed to be somewhat enthusiastic about it;). The only change was the buns, but I was making this to use up those extra 4 buns I had left over.  Oh and I forgot the romaine, but only I missed that.

Crunchburger

1.5 lbs of Ground Chuck (or turkey)
Kosher Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper
1.5 Tbsp Canola Oil
8 Slices American Cheese
4 Hamburger Buns (Potato was recommended) split and toasted
4 Leaves Romaine Lettuce
4 Slices Tomato
4 Slices Red Onion
Horseradish Mustard Mayonnaise (recipe follows)
4 Hand fulls of Potato Chips



Horseradish Mustard Mayonnaise
1/4 cup mayonnaise
2 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
2 Tbsp Drained Prepared Horseradish
Kosher Salt and fresh ground Black Pepper

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pork Schnitzel with Dill Cream Sauce

Mollet Eggs Florentine

"Porcupine" Meatballs in Cream Sauce