Talapia with Garlic-Chive Cream

I hate the new blogger app!!!!  I had typed this long post about the importance of learning to make a pan sauce and the basics of it and even looked up the proper spelling of some French terms.  I go to add the picture from my phone, using the blogger app, and it erases everything but the picture I added.  ARRRGH!  Since I have to retype the recipe (which of course today's was made up as I went along) and everything, forget trying to recreate the post!  I will sum it up in a short, if boring, sentence.  Pan sauces are easy and essential to cooking tasty, unprocessed food.

Talapia with Garlic-Chive Cream

1 Tbsp Unsalted Butter
Salt, Pepper and Flour
2 Fillets Talapia
1 Shallot, thinly sliced
1 Clove Garlic, sliced
1/4 c broth
1/2 c half & half
1 Tbsp Unsalted Butter softened and mixed with 1-2 tsp flour
2 Tbsp Minced Chives
 
Heat a saute pan over medium heat.  Season the fish with salt and pepper and lightly coat with flour.  Add 1 tbsp of butter to the pan and let melt. Cook the fish for about 2-3 minutes per side until done and lightly browned.  Remove fish from pan and set aside. Add a bit of olive oil to the pan if its really dry.  Add the shallots and garlic and saute until they are soft.  Add the broth (I used chicken) and cook until the liquid is mostly evaporated.  Add the half and half and cook and stir until is is warmed.  Add the butter & flour paste and cook, stirring until smooth and thick.  Add the chives and cook about a minute. Taste and season with salt and pepper if needed.
 

 
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pork Schnitzel with Dill Cream Sauce

Mollet Eggs Florentine

"Porcupine" Meatballs in Cream Sauce