Cumin-Spiced Burgers With Harissa Mayo

I love Moroccan flavors and harissa has to be one of the yummiest things ever!  I have loved everything I made with it.  (the pizza was my least favorite, but more due to the sausage)  I also love a good burger.  Needless to say, I loved this recipe.  If I were to make any criticism, it is that the caraway seeds were these hard little bits that occasionally made for unpleasant texture in your mouth.  They weren't bad enough to make me dislike this in any way.  I did half the recipe since there are only four of us, and I cooked it on the grill, but other than that, I followed the recipe.


Cumin-Spiced Burgers With Harissa Mayo

3 lb ground chuck
Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
1/4 c  plus 2 teaspoons harissa
2 1/2 t  ground cumin
2 t  garlic powder
1 t  dried thyme
1    large red onion,sliced 1/4 inch thick
1 T  extra-virgin olive oil
Eight 6-inch oval rolls split
1 c  mayonnaise
1 t  caraway seeds
Tomato and cucumber slices
1. In a large bowl, gently mix the ground chuck with 1 tablespoon of
kosher salt, 1 teaspoon of pepper, 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons of
the harissa, the cumin, garlic powder and thyme. Form the meat into
eight 3/4-inch-thick oval patties. In a medium bowl, toss the onion
slices with the olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
2. Heat a grill pan. Cook the onions over moderate heat, turning once,
until tender, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a plate and keep warm.
Grill the burgers over moderately high heat, turning once, until medium,
about 8 minutes. Grill the rolls until lightly toasted, about 2
minutes.
3. Meanwhile, mix the mayonnaise with the caraway and the remaining 2
tablespoons of harissa; season with salt and pepper.
4. Spread the mayo on the rolls. Top with the patties, onions, tomato
and cucumber; close the sandwiches and serve.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pork Schnitzel with Dill Cream Sauce

Mollet Eggs Florentine

"Porcupine" Meatballs in Cream Sauce