Korean Beef Tacos With Cucumber Slaw

I was very excited for this recipe despite two prejudices I have.  1) I think crockpots are, well, a crock.  I think they are a one trick pony but since my old girl still works, I haven't tossed her.  2) Yes, short ribs are amazing, but their fatty, connective tissue laden selves give me the willies, but despite my issues, I was looking forward to the dish.  Why?  Korean, taco, sriracha, homemade pickle, hello?  I don't know what the recipe for ambrosia is, but I bet it reads similar.  I halved the meat amount you see below, as we are only 4, but I kept the rest of the amounts the same.  I now have a container of beef fat (separated from the liquid) and the cooking liquid in the freezer to take up space until I think of a use for it or I go to war with my kitchen again.  These tacos lived up to their promise.  I did to the "optional'  liquid reduction the author did.  I think it is necessary! (oh and I halved the amount for the reduction too)  My mind failed me; I bought alfalfa sprouts instead of bean sprouts.  I think they would have been really good on this.  I did use the short ribs as they were less per pound that the chuck.  My husband loved them and he ate them reheated since he was home late.  I highly recommend this dish!


Korean Beef Tacos With Cucumber Slaw

For the Korean beef:
5 Lb beef short ribs (can also use chuck roast or back ribs)
1 bottle (10 oz) low sodium soy sauce
1 Cup packed brown sugar
6 Clove garlic minced
4 Tbl ginger grated
6 Tbl rice vinegar
2 Tbl dark sesame oil
2 Tbl vegetable or olive oil
2 Tbl sriracha
1 Cup water (optional)
For the Cucumber Slaw:
1 cucumber (seedless recommended)
Thinly sliced red onion rounds
1/2 Tsp salt
2 Tbl rice vinegar
crushed red pepper flakes to taste
For the tacos:
16 small wheat tortillas (I used flour)
cilantro
bean sprouts
Greek yogurt (or sour cream)
sriracha

The recipe can be found here



Comments

  1. I'm extremely full right now, but these still look great! Thanks for sharing :)

    Sincerely,
    Happy Valley Chow

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pork Schnitzel with Dill Cream Sauce

Mollet Eggs Florentine

"Porcupine" Meatballs in Cream Sauce