White Pizza with Capicollo

Ok, tonight's pizza was an improv and not resounding success I had hoped.  It tasted good, but while the picture at the top of the post is showing the pizza in its best possible light, the entire pizza was a bit of a monstrosity. (the pizza in all it's grotesque glory can be seen at the end of the post)  Why?  Well, let me start at the beginning.  My son has a friend over tonight as we have an early date with a ropes & zip line course.  I always try to not suffer the little children to eat what is not friendly to most kids palates, and this particular friend likes things plain to boot, so I was making the boys a plain cheese pizza.  For the second, adult, pie, I decided to try and clean up some of the stuff I had floating around the fridge.  I decided to use up the rest of the ricotta from a lasagna I made recently.  Also because it was the grown up version, I decided to try making it flat bread thin.  That began my journey down the path of many errors.  It was way bigger than the pizza stone, and continuing down my chosen path, I think I will fold the ends over and make something like a "stuffed Crust" pizza.  Well, hindsight is letting me know that the ricotta should be warmed to make it easier to spread, and therefore would have taken less time to spread and then that would have prevented the crust from cooking and firming up in the exact opposite shape I wanted! I continued with my error filled plan and it really looked like something a 1st grader made.  The one saving grace was that it was pretty yummy.  Now I considered never mentioning all the mistakes, vanity and all, but I fell honor bound to be honest in my blog and I see it as was way to learn and share together.



White Pizza with Capocollo

1 lb Pizza Dough
1 cup Ricotta
1/4 Tsp Garlic
1/2 Tsp Kosher Salt
1.5 Cups Mozzarella
3 Ounces Sweet Capocollo, thinly sliced

Put a pizza stone in to a cold oven and heat to 500 degrees
Meanwhile, roll out the dough in to a 16" round
Mix the ricotta and garlic and salt.
Take heated stone out of the oven and place the dough on to the hot stone. (BE CAREFUL:)
Spread evenly over the dough
Top with the mozzarella
Place the capocollo evenly over the pizza
Return stone to rack in bottom position in oven and bake 6-7 minutes





Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pork Schnitzel with Dill Cream Sauce

Mollet Eggs Florentine

"Porcupine" Meatballs in Cream Sauce