Eggs Benedict Day

So, I saw somewhere that it was Eggs Benedict Day (or maybe week). Being one of my favorite dishes, I had to celebrate by making some!  I mean hello?  It is loaded with egg yolk!   Problem.  I have made them for the blog before and I have been slacking about posting every day, so it really should be different some how.  What I decided to to was clean up a bit.  (some of it is actually pre clean up!  Yea impressive I know:)  I had some spinach laying around so I wilted it with some garlic and anchovy paste.  (like in the Italian Sausage Burgers with garlicky mayo)  That cleaned up some produce, and I had a bit more smoked salmon than I need for the up coming smoked salmon pasta, so we each had one smoked salmon Benedict and one spinach.  Both were really tasty but ham or the veggie one from Peach Valley Cafe still reign supreme in my mind!
I am including the recipe for the spinach, eggs and the hollandaise.  If you need a recipe for toasting the english muffins, you are on your own;)!

Garlic Spinach

10 ounces baby spinach
2 T extra-virgin olive oil,plus more for brushing
2 garlic cloves,minced
1 t anchovy paste

In a large skillet, bring 1/4 inch of water to a boil. Add the
spinach and cook, stirring, until just wilted, about 1 minute; drain
and press out as much water as possible. Wipe out the skillet.
In the same skillet, heat the 2 tablespoons of olive oil until
shimmering. Add the garlic and anchovy paste and cook over high heat,
stirring, until fragrant, 1 minute. Add the spinach, season with salt
and stir just until coated, about 10 seconds.

 Blender Hollandaise Sauce





In the container of a blender, combine the egg yolks, mustard, lemon juice and hot pepper sauce. Cover, and blend for about 5 seconds. Place the butter in a glass measuring cup. Heat butter in the microwave for about 1 minute, or until completely melted and hot. Set the blender on high speed, and pour the butter into the egg yolk mixture in a thin stream. It should thicken almost immediately. Keep the sauce warm until serving by placing the blender container in a pan of hot tap water.
 
Poached Eggs
 
Eggs
White Vinegar
 
Bring the water to a simmer over medium heat.  Add a good splash of vinegar. (I think I used about 1/4 cup)  Crack the eggs, individually,  in to a shallow cup and gently slide them in to the water.  I like to give the water a gentle swirl after each egg is added to kind of shape the whites.  Cook for 4 minutes.  Remove with a slotted spoon to a paper towel lined plate to dry.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pork Schnitzel with Dill Cream Sauce

Mollet Eggs Florentine

"Porcupine" Meatballs in Cream Sauce