Coconut Cookies

I am organizing and cleaning out my cuppards and discovered why everything is so crowded. I have multiple containers of lots of things. It is paticurally funny as most are things for baking and I don't bake much. (Like 3 boxes if cocoa powder with maybe 1/6 of each used!)  So I decide to do the only sensible thing and bake cookies:).  I had all that I needed  for  my family's favorite cookie, coconut. These are super tasty, a little different than your typical chocolate chip cookie and if I can bake them, they can't be too taxing;).


Coconut Cookies
from the All New Good Housekeeping Cook Book

2 3/4 cups AP flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup of butter, softened (and unsalted)
1 cup sugar
1 large egg
2 Tbsp milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups sweetened coconut flakes

Preheat oven to 325°F
In a medium bowl combine flour baking powder and salt in a large bowl.  With an electric mixer at medium speed, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy.  Then beat in egg milk and vanilla reduce speed.  Beat in flour mixture just until blended. With a wodden spoon, mix in the coconut.  The dough will be crumbly; with your hands press the dough together.  Drop rounded teaspoons, 2 inches,  apart onto two ungreased cookie sheets. With a fork,  make crosshatch patterns on each cookie, flattening to one quarter inch thickness.  Bake until lightly browned around edges, 15 to 17 minutes,  rotating the cookie sheets between upper and lower oven racks halfway through baking time.  With a spatula, transfer cookies to wire racks to cool completely. Finish up with remaining dough


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pork Schnitzel with Dill Cream Sauce

Mollet Eggs Florentine

"Porcupine" Meatballs in Cream Sauce