Raspberry Spritzer

I have a new drink I love!  This raspberry spritzer is perfect in so many ways.  It is a great substitute for those super sweet, high calorie sodas.  It tastes great and is super refreshing.  It is also a great "daytime drink"  What do I mean by that?  Well if you opt to use the Chambord rather than raspberry syrup, it feels like a cocktail, but unless you drink a dozen of them, you aren't going to get drunk.  I love a fruity cocktail by the pool or beach, but inevitably the combo of sun and rum makes me at best sleepy after a drink, at worst a little loopy.  Not something I want to feel when at the pool or beach. (Even more now that we have kids!)  This was made for our Memorial Day festivities, and it was great in the heat. refreshing and tame;).  I want to play around with other flavors.  I am afraid that the Chambord is not replaceable.  It is a pricey ingredient, and  would like to find an economical substitute, but I fear that isn't happening.  I did get a strawberry and cassis liqueur and will be trying them with strawberries and blueberries and any other frozen fruit I get my hands on.  Oh and I ran out of mint, and it was still good, but the mint is very nice in it.




Raspberry Spritzer
 
2 Cup seltzer
2/3 Cup frozen raspberries
2 sprigs fresh mint
3 ounces raspberry-flavored syrup or Chambord


The original instructions are: Combine seltzer, raspberries, mint and raspberry-flavored syrup (or
Chambord) in a small pitcher. Pour over ice.   I'm sure that is tasty, but I like this even better.
Put Seltzer and raspberries in a blender.  Puree until the raspberries are mostly gone then add
the mint and chambord.  Pour over ice!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pork Schnitzel with Dill Cream Sauce

Mollet Eggs Florentine

"Porcupine" Meatballs in Cream Sauce