Roasted Salmon With Mustard And Tarragon

Salmon is quickly becoming a favorite in this house.  I find that funny, because originally, I barely tolerated it.  I attribute my change of heart regarding salmon to two things.  First of all, we switched to wild salmon.  Not only is it better for you, but it tastes so much better.  Oh, I am running off on a tangent here, but I am big in to the responsible eating and perhaps one  of the most important things you can do is to ensure that you eat sustainable seafood.  I have a free app called seafood watch.  I think it is easy to use and lets you know not only what particular seafood is ok to eat, but what fishing practices used to catch them are preferable.  I strongly suggest you find yourself this app or one similar to help you make informed seafood choices.  Ok, tangent over!  The second reason I think I like salmon so much better now, is that I cook it way less.  The original recipe (which I changed a good bit) had the salmon roast at 400 for 10-14 minutes.  I knew that would be way too much for my thin fillets.  One tip the original recipe gave was this: "To test for doneness, poke a paring knife all the way through the thickest part  of one fillet and hold it there for 5 seconds. Then touch the flat side
of the knife gently to your lower lip. If the knife feels warm, the fish  is cooked through."  I thought that sounded like good advice so I shared:)  Anyways, back to the dish.  We all liked it very much.  Solid fours all way round, and the ease of which it was prepared made for a quick weeknight dish.  I almost forgot!  I tossed some green beans in a bit of olive oil and salt and pepper and roasted them right along side the fish for a starch/veg and we had a salad.  Quick, quick, quick!


Roasted Salmon With Mustard And Tarragon
 
1/4 Cup Mayonnaise
1 Tbs. plus 1 tsp. coarse-grained mustard
2 Tsp fresh lime juice
2 Tsp finely chopped fresh tarragon
4 wild salmon fillets (4-6 oz each about 3/4" thick)
Kosher salt
Position a rack in the center of the oven and heat the oven to 450F.
line a heavy-duty rimmed baking sheet with foil.
In a small bowl, stir together the mayonnaise, mustard, lime juice, and
tarragon. Arrange the salmon skin side down on the baking sheet and
sprinkle lightly with salt. Spread the mayonnaise mixture evenly over
each fillet (there may be a little left over).
Roast the salmon 2-3 minutes. Then Turn on the broiler to high and prop
open the door with a wooden utensil.  Broil 2-3 minutes, until the mayo/mustard
mixture is bubbly and brown in spots.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pork Schnitzel with Dill Cream Sauce

Mollet Eggs Florentine

"Porcupine" Meatballs in Cream Sauce