Grilled Salmon with Dill Pickle Butter

I love salmon and pickles, but this one was just 3 stars.  I think the butter had possibility; I think it needed more pickles and some more mustard or some sort of flavoring.  I kept wanting to put more on my fish because I didn't taste anything but salmon and butter.  The bites that had a lot of pickle in it were better.  Still, I can think of at least a dozen truly tasty incarnations of the wild salmon I bought, all better use of my dollars spent on the fish.  Keep in mind it gets 3 stars only because salmon is inherently tasty and the combination of it with the pickle was somewhat novel.



Grilled Salmon with Dill Pickle Butter
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
1/4 cup finely diced dill pickles
1 teaspoon minced tarragon
1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
Salt and freshly ground pepper
Four 6-ounce salmon fillets, with skin
Extra-virgin olive oil, for rubbing
  1. Light a grill. In a small bowl, blend the butter with the diced pickles, tarragon and mustard and season with salt and pepper.
  2. Rub the salmon with oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill over moderately high heat, skin side down, until the skin is lightly charred and crisp, about 3 minutes. Using a metal spatula, turn the fillets and grill until barely done in the center, about 4 minutes longer. Transfer the salmon to plates. Top with the dill pickle butter and serve.
 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pork Schnitzel with Dill Cream Sauce

Mollet Eggs Florentine

"Porcupine" Meatballs in Cream Sauce