Creamy Garlic Vinaigrette

My darling boy is finally home after a fun filled week at my MIL's house. I let him choose his welcome home dinner, and he choose Nillawan's Smoked Salmon Pasta. (Good choice might I add:)  Since I have been kind if slacking on the blog since summer started, I decided to make a new salad dressing for a blog recipe. This was a great salad dressing. My husband thinks it just might be his favorite yet. I got it off Food & Wine's website and it billed it as a lightened up version of a ceaser type dressing made by Bobby Flay. While not a lot of work, the roasting of the garlic does add on some, largely inactive, time, but as I think dressings taste better after sitting, it can be made ahead of time.


Creamy Garlic Vinaigrette

15 medium unpeeled garlic cloves
1 Tbl extra-virgin olive oil
1/4 Cup white wine vinegar
2 Tbl water
2 Tsp Dijon mustard
1 Tsp mayonnaise
1 Tsp honey
1/4 Tsp Worcestershire sauce
1/8 Tsp Tabasco
1/3 Cup canola oil
Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper

1. Preheat the oven to 375. Set the garlic on a sheet of foil, drizzle
with the olive oil and wrap up; roast for 30 minutes, until soft.
2. Squeeze the garlic from its skin into a blender. Puree with the
vinegar, water, mustard, mayonnaise, honey, Worcestershire and Tabasco;
slowly add the canola oil and puree until the dressing is creamy. Season
with salt and pepper and serve.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pork Schnitzel with Dill Cream Sauce

Mollet Eggs Florentine

"Porcupine" Meatballs in Cream Sauce