Salmon With Sriracha Sauce And Lime

Well tonight's dish was no wow. However, I feel honor bound to round up 1/2 a star on pure healthiness.  So it gets 3 stars.  I used a wild salmon and I think that I should have broiled it, but I hate to diverge from a recipe the first time I make it.  I picked this dish for it's lightness as we are all heavier and bloated from all the food we ate on vacation.  The flavors were ok, but like I said, not a wow.  The thing we liked the best was the Lemon Chia Seed dressing for our salad!  It was really amazing, and it went well with the fish.  In fact, I think a plain piece of broiled Salmon with this dressing would be better than the following recipe.  Of course the dressing has oil in it where the fish recipe doesn't.  If you are looking for a decent low cal recipe, than this will fit the bill, but if you are looking for really tasty food, go with a different salmon recipe, eat less of it, and fill up on salad.





Salmon With Sriracha Sauce And Lime
 
Juice and zest of 1/2 lime
1 Tbl maple syrup
1 1/2 Tsp tsp sriracha sauce
1/2 Tsp coarse sea salt
1 1/4 Lb pounds salmon fillet skin removed
2 Tbl coarsely chopped cilantro
Heat oven to 425. In a bowl, whisk together juice, zest, syrup, sriracha
and salt. Place salmon in a baking dish lined with parchment paper; pour
lime-maple mixture over top. Roast salmon until cooked through and flaky,
15 minutes. Sprinkle with cilantro; serve.
217 calories per serving, 9 g fat (1 g saturated), 4 g carbs, 0 g fiber,
28 g protein



The dressing you should make!  it was wonderful.
Lemon Chia Seed Dressing recipe and instructions here.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pork Schnitzel with Dill Cream Sauce

Mollet Eggs Florentine

"Porcupine" Meatballs in Cream Sauce