Buttermilk Caramel Syrup for the Last Day of Summer Breakfast

So, it's the Sunday before the kids go back to school.  I want it to be an awesome, laid back kind of day before the early morning tomorrow.  (well laid back for them since I'm doing the work;)  I also let them have a repeat for dinner tonight and my son choose the Ultimate Sriracha Burger.  (good choice)  I saw this syrup on pinterest and said I have buttermilk I need to use, why not?!  I know the kids were clamoring for my famous sprinkle pancakes.  (actually a friend of mine made them first, but my son's friends and cousins adore them and I have to make them if they are here for breakfast.  It's only as taxing as regular pancakes, which for some reason I find very taxing.  Perhaps it is because I'm most emphatically not a morning person and I feel there is something obscene about working that hard with a cup of coffee in hand.  Now huge amazing breakfasts I have no issue with, just so long as someone else is cooking and cleaning that whole thing up.  Now how do I make the sprinkle pancakes.  Well I add sprinkles,  Duh!  I add some the batter and give it a stir.  The sprinkles instantly dissolve into strings of color.  Don't mix too hard.  I was running low on sprinkles so I went light on this batch but you can see them in this picture.

Once they are poured on the grill, give a good shake of the sprinkles over each pancake.  I often have quite a few sprinkles, colored sugars, etc, and let each kid kind of design their own.  I know I'm such a cool mom.  lol



So on to the new syrup.  I think it tasted great and was easy to do, even with coffee in hand.  It wasn't as thick as I would have liked, but boy was it sweet!  So, if you are looking for a way to switch up the morning pancake/waffles, give this a go.
forgive the blurry picture, but that was most likely how I was seeing it:)



Buttermilk Caramel Syrup


buttermilk
sugar
brown sugar
butter
baking soda
vanilla


Recipe and instructions here.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pork Schnitzel with Dill Cream Sauce

Mollet Eggs Florentine

"Porcupine" Meatballs in Cream Sauce